VARAPPUZHA POLICE STATION
The Varapuzha Police Station was formed and opened in the year 1983 in the old out post vide order No. GO Rt.3551/83/Home dtd.11.11.1983 in the building belonging to the Revenue Department No. XIV /620 in Survey No.316/C of Varapuzha Village and was under the Police District of Kochi City. As per the Govt. order GO (MS) 17/87 Home (E) Dept. dtd 3.2.87 shifted the station to Ernakulam Rural under the Jurisdiction of North Paravur Circle. Before that, the station was an out post attached to Eloor Police Station with in Kalamassery Police Circle. The station shifted to new building in the same land adjacent to the old building on 01.01.1992
Photo of Varapuzha Police Station
Varapuzha Police Station Jurisdiction border comprises- Eastern side- Binanipuram PS, Northern side -North Paravur PS and Aluva West PS, Western side- Njarakkal PS and Southern side Cheranelloor and Mulavukad PS (Kochi City)
Parliament Constituency and Legislative Assembly
Jurisdiction of Varapuzha Police Station comes under Ernakulam Parliament Constituency and in Paravoor Legislative Assembly
Important establishments and institutions
- Village Office , Varapuzha
- Agriculture Office varapuzha
- Veterinary Hospital, Varapuzha
- KSEB, Office , Varapuzha
- Varapuzha Panchayath Office
- CHC, Koonammavu
- PHC, Varapuzha
- PHC, Pizhala
- Little Flower Hospital, Kavilnada
- CHC, Koonammavu
- Carmel Hospital, Thirumuppam
- Varapuzha Medical Centre
- UB Trust Hospital, Varapuzha.
- PHC, Varapuzha
- Ayurveda Hospital, Varapuzha
- PHC , Pizhala
- St.Joseph UPS Koonammav
- St.Joseph HSS, Koonammavu
- St.Philominas HSS Koonamamv
- Chavara darsan CMI Public School Koonammav.(CBSE)
- St. Joseph Special School for mentally retarded.
- St.George HSS Puthenpally
- Little Flower LPS Olanad
- Govt.UPS Chirakkakam
- Govt. LPS Mannamthuruth
- St .Marys LPS Muttinakam.
- St. Joseph HS for Girls Varapuzha
- St .Marys LPS Chennur
- Govt.VHSS & HSS Kadamakudy
- Jesus HSS Kothad.
- Bank of India, Koonammavu
- CANARA Bank, Koonammavu
- Ernakulam Dist Co Op. Bank, Koonammavu
- Federal Bank, Varapuzha
- Union Bank, Varapuzha
- South Indian Bank, Varapuzha
- SBT, Varapuzha
- Varapuzha Service Co Op Bank, Varapuzha
- Korampadam service Co Op Bank, Kothad
“Aal Thookkam” or “Garudan Thookkam” celebrated at Kottuvallykkavu Bhagavathy temple , Kavilnada every year and thousands of devotees from nearby places participated in this festival.
- Kottuvallykkavu Bhagavathy Temple, Kavilnada
- Thirumuppam Siva Temple
- Sreenarayana Temple- Varapuzha
- Durga Temple- Thundathumkadavu
- Sreevaraham Temple - Thundathumkadavu
- St. Philominas Church, Koonammavu
- St. Joseph Church, Koonammavu
- Sacred Heart Church, Thevarkad
- St. George Church, Puthanpally
- St. Mary’s Church , Chennoor
- Infant Jesus Church, Thundathumkadavu
- Mount Carmel Church, Varapuzha
- St. Francis Church, Pizhala
- Jesus Christ Church, Kothad
St. Philomena's Church, Koonammavu built in 1837, the church is of immense historic importance and a pilgrim centre too.Blessed Euphrasia Eluvathingal spend her boarding attached to the first indigenous Carmelite community founded by Blessed Kuriakose Elias Chavara and Rev. Leopold Beccaro 1866 at Koonammavu.The Blessed Kuriakose Elias Chavara spent his last years and buried at a monastery in Koonammavu. The place houses churches and religious institutions of various denominations of Christianity. Blessed Chavara Kuriakose Shrine.
- Muhayudeen Jumamasjid - Mannamthuruth
Names of Colony
- Mother Eliswa- Servant of God
- IVANCHAL ASRAMAM,KOONAMMAV SHELTER FOR MENTALLY CURED PERSONS
- ST.JOSEPHS FATHIMA BHAVAN,KOONAMMAV. ORPHANAGE FOR GIRLS
- ST.JOSEPH CONVENT.ORPHANAGE FOR GIRLS,VARAPUZHA ORPHANAGE FOR GIRLS
- ST.ANTONEY'S SADAN,OLANAD,VARAPUZHAE OLDAGE HOME FOR WOMEN
- ST.JOSEPH ORPHANAGE ,KOONAMMAV ORPHANAGE FOR BOYS
- CARMEL OLD AGE HOME,ST.JOSEPH CONVENT VARAPUZHA HOME FOR THE AGED INFIRM (WOMEN)
In 1866, the first nuns from Kerala formed the Congregation of Teresian Carmelites (CTC) under TOCD. The first convent was a simple bamboo-mat house at Koonammavu, on the land once administered by Vareed Vakayil. The congregation, under Mother Eliswa, was given the task of teaching girls who had no means to pursue education. St. Joseph’s LP School at Koonammavu was set up in 1868 as the first Catholic school for girls in Malabar. Mother Eliswa’s mission in life was to educate young girls and she set up several girls’ schools here.
When she moved to Varapuzha after the separation of the Latin and Syrian rites of the Church, St. Joseph’s School for Girls at Varapuzha was set up. Mother Eliswa breathed her last on July 18, 1913, at the convent near the Varapuzha school.
Various Projects through the Police Station
Women Help Desk
With the help of women help desk women who are came to Police Station are getting a huge relief and functioning in good manner.
An elder friendly Officer is giving aid to senior citizens in the station limit.
Clean Campus Safe Campus
As part of Clean campus safe campus High schools introduced by Govt. of Kerala, the programme is effectively implementing in all most Schools functioning under this P.S limits in a good manner. The goal of ‘Clean Campus and Safe Campus’ is to prevent using injurious/pshycotraffic drug substances by students and the effective implementation of the programme could achieve the goal to a great extent.
|Sub Inspector||Asst.Sub Inspector||Senior Civil Police Officer||Women Senior Civil Police Officer||Civil Police Officer||Women Civil Police Officer|