Single Digit Finger Print Bureau, Ernakulam Rural
Services given by Finger Print Bureau
- Crime Scene Inspection - Identification of culprit, through chance print comparison
- Expert Opinion in Document Cases
- Attestation of Fingerprints for immigration or other purposes
The immigration departments of several countries require Police Clearance Certificate for which attested fingerprint of the immigrant is required. Such immigrants may approach the Director, State Finger Print Bureau or Tester Inspectors of District Finger Print Bureaux with a written request on white paper for taking their fingerprint and to attest the same. They will remit Rs.1000/- (Rs. 100/- for additional copy) in any Govt. treasury under the head of Account "0055 Police - 501 service & service fee". The following documents are to be produced at the Finger Print Bureau.
- An application addressed to the Director / Tester Inspector
- Original Chalan of remittance of fee.
- Valid passport with copies of relevant pages.
- Proof of present residence, like ration card / electoral card / driving license (with copies)
- Two passport size Photographs(Extra for additional copies)
The applicant has to appear in person before the officers concerned and get their finger prints recorded and the attested. For further clarification please contact
Director, Finger Print Bureau in phone numbers: 0471 2551483, Mobile: 9497975928.
Tester Inspector, District Single Dgit Finger Print Bureau, Aluva : 0484-2630238, Mobile: 9497975940, 9497975981, 9497975982.
Download Form (STANDARD REQUISITION FORM)
Expert Opinion in Document Cases
Application for Expert Opinion shall be forwarded through a court of law to the Director, Finger Print Bureau with the following documents.
- Standard Requisition form
- Original document for comparison
- Original Chalan of remittance of fee
The applicant will remit Rs.1000/- for opinion and Rs. 100/- for each print to be compared as photographic Fee in any Govt. treasury under the head of Account "0055 Police- 501 service & service fee".
When an Expert is summoned by the court in Civil Cases, the absence fee has to be paid as follows:
One day salary of the Expert concerned plus Rs.100/- for each day of his/her absence from the office in the above head of account. Additionally, the applicable TA/DA due to the Expert should be paid by the applicant by means of Money Order/DD directly to the Expert concerned in advance.