CHOTTANIKARA POLICE STATION
Chottanikkara Janamaitri Police Station was started functioning from 07.02.2011.vide GO(Rt.)No.102/2011/HOME dated 12.01.2011, inaugurated by Hon’ble Registration and Fisheries Minister Sri. S.Sharma in a rented building from Kochin Devaswom Board.As per the order of the Hon’ble High Court the station is transferred to a rented building hired from Chottanikkara Gramma Panchayat on 05.10.2013 ,very near to Chottanikkara Devi Temple . As per GO. No.G6/41933/12/ER dated 25.10.2012 the station was included in Janamaitri Suraksha project and inaugurated on 05.10.2014by Hon’ble Home and vigilance Minister Sri.Thiruvanchiyoor Radhakrishanan. This station is organized for maintaining the internal security of the South Asia’s Famous Devi Temple situated at Chottanikkara
This Police Station is coming under the jurisdiction of Muvattupuzha Sub Division.
Border Police station
Chottanikkara Police station is situated in the middle of Hill Palace, Puthencruz, Mulanthuruthy and Udayamperoor police stations. On the north- eastern side boarder is shared by Puthencruz ps, South-eastern side fall under Mulanthuruthy station limit . South- west and north –west boarders are shared by udayamperoor PS and Hill Palace Ps comes under in Kochi City consecutively.
1.Judicial First Class Magistrate court Kolenchery
2.Subdivisional Magistrate Court Fort Kochi
3.SESSIONS COURT ERNAKULAM
Parliament constituency and Legislative Assembly
Chottanikkara PS limit comes under Kottayam Parliament Constituency and in Piravom Legislative Assembly
- Tripunithura Municipality
Historical Important places
Makom Thozhal Festival
'Chottanikara Makam thozhal' is the famous religious festival temple.
The Chottanikkara (correction of Jyotiannakkara) Temple (Malayalam: ചോറ്റാനിക്കര ക്ഷേത്രം) is a famous temple of the Hindu mother goddess Bhagavathi. The temple is located at Chottanikkara near Ernakulam in the southern Indian state of Kerala and is one of the most popular temples in the state and in terms of temple architecture, this temple stands out to be an ultimate testmonial for the ancient vishwakarma sthapathis (wooden sculpture) in sculpting this temple along with Sabarimala. Bhagawati is one of the most popular deities in the area, Chottanikkara Devi is worshipped at the temple, in three different forms: as Saraswati in the morning, draped in white; as Lakshmi at noon, draped in crimson; and as Durga in the evening, decked in blue. Lord Shiva is also worshiped at the temple. People suffering from mental illnesses commonly visit the temple, as Bhagawati is thought to cure her devotees. One should not miss the 'Guruthi Pooja' in the 'Keezhkkaavu' temple at Chottanikkara.
Important establishments and institutions
- TATA HOSPITAL CHOTTANIKKARA
- Padiyar Memmorial Homeo College-Chottanikkara
- Primary Health Centre -Eruveli
- Primary Health Centre- thiruvankulam
- Nirmala Hospital -thiruvankulam
- Lion’s Hospital sasthammughal
- Excise Office Mamala
- Panchayathu Office Chottanikkara
- Muncipal division Office- Thiruvankulam
- KEL Mamala
- Village office Kanayannoor
- Village Office Thiruvankulam
- Electricity Office chottanikkara
- BSNL Office Chottanikkara
- Padiyar Homeo college Chottanikkara
- Govt.higher Secondary school chottanikkara
- Govt high school Kadungamangalam
- St.George high school vennikkulam
- St. mary’s school Thalacodu
- TOCH public school
- Bhavans Public school
- Georgian academy Thiruvankulam
- MGP public School Ambadimala
- Govt.LPS Eruveli
- St George LP School Thiruvankulam
- SNLPS -Mamala
- STATE BANK OF INDIA, BYEPASS ROAD , CHOTTANIKKARA
- UCO BANK, CHOTTANIKKARA
- VIJAYA BANK, NEAR POST OFFICE CHOTTANIKKARA
- SOUTH INDIAN BANK ,ERUVELI
- FEDERAL BANK THIRUVANKULAM
- STATE BANK OF TRAVANCORE -THIRUVANKULAM JUNCTION
Major Hindu Temples
- CHOTTANIKKARA DEVI TEMPLE
- KUZHIYARA AYYAPPA TEMPLE
- CHEMMIZHIKKATTU DEVI TEMPLE
- LORD SIVA TEMPE ERUVELI
- LORD MURUKA TEMPLE ERUVELI
- LORD SIVA TEMPE THIRUVANKULAM
- SREEPADAPURAM SREE NARAYANA TEMPLE
- ST GEORGE SYRYAN CHURCH THIRUVANKULAM
Names of SC Colony
- St mary’s Boys Home Thalacodu
- Prisoners gospel shelter home for children-Kanayannoor
One of the Railway station named Kureekkad junction is situating in Chottanikkara Police station limit.
Projects through this police station
Janamythri Suraksha project
With the help and participation of public Janmythri project is being implementing successfully in Chottanikkara Police Station. Under the leadership of Community Relations Officer ,10 janmythri beats are functioning at Chottanikkara Police Station.
All the Janamythri suraksha project activities are controlled by Janamythri Samithy having prominent personalities of this locality as its members who were selected by Inspector of Police and approved by District Police Chief.
Women Help Desk
Women help desk is constituted with the aim of giving assistance in a friendly manner to the women who seek police services. Women help desk provides a huge relief to women who approach the police station for help.
Senior Citizen Help Desk
An elder friendly officer is giving aid to senior citizens in the station limit.
Clean Campus Safe Campus
The Clean Campus Safe Campus program by government of Kerala is effectively implementing in all most all schools functioning under this PS limits. The goal of ‘Clean Campus Safe Campus’ is to prevent consuming of injurious/psychotropic drug substances by students and the effective implementation of the program could achieve the goal to a great extent.
|Sub Inspector||Asst.Sub Inspector||Senior Civil Police Officer||Women Senior Civil Police Officer||Civil Police Officer||Women Civil Police Officer|