KOTHAMANGALAM POLICE STATION
The date of Opening of Kothamangalam Police Station is April 1902. The Police Station was housed in building No: 544 in ward No:III of Kothamangalam Municipality with survey number 1035/9 in Angadi Kara of Kothamangalam Village. IN connection with the improvement works to the then station building, the station was shifted to building number KMP 220 ( A) in ward No. 3 of Kothamangalam Panchayath in Sy. No: 1036/1-3 of Kothamangalam Village on 25.05.78 as per GO( RT) 1020/78 Home Dtd: 20.05.1978 TVM. As per Go (RT) 967/79 Home ( E) Department , the station was re shifted to the same building after the completion of renovation work. The station building comprises 38.75 cents landed property in Survey No: 1035/9 in Ward No: VIII of Kothamangalam Municipality .
The Kothamangalam Traffic Unit also functions in the same building from 12.04.2014 vide GO 397/04/Home, dated 12.02.2014. The quarters comprises 2acres and 50 cents in Survey No. 1036/1/3 in ward XII of Kothamangalam Municipality.
The SHO charge of this Police Station is under the Inspector of Police from 01.01.2018
This Police Station is coming under the jurisdiction of Muvattupuzha Sub Division.
Photo of Kothamangalam Police Station
Border Police Stations
Three Police Stations shares the Eastern-side boundary of Kothamangalam Police Station, Kuttampuzha Police Station stands on the North-East, Oonnukal Police Station on the Middle-East and Pothanikadu Police Station on the South-East boundary. Kuruppampady Police Station and Muvattupuzha Police Station share the western side and Sourthern side boundary, respectively. Kottapady Police Station and Kuttampuzha Police Stations share the Northern side boundary.
Judicial First Class Magistrate Court , Kothamangalam
Parliamentary Constituency and Legislative Assembly
Kothamangalam PS comes under Idukki Parliamentary Constituency and Kothamangalam Legislative Assembly
- Kothamangalam Muncipalty
- Nellikkuzhy Panchayats
- Varappetty Panchayats
- Keerampara Panchayats
- Pindimana Panchayats
Important Tourist Place
Bhoothathankettu, a scenic dam site with boating facilities is situated in a vast virgin forest. A myth connected with the origin of this place says that this natural fortification of forests and hills was built by Bhoothams (spirit/ghosts) overnight. Hence the name Bhoothathankettu (fort of the spirits). Later, this natural topography helped in building a dam here. Lying close to Bhoothathankettu is the Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary at Thattekkad. Trekking through the forests here is an exhiliarating experience.
Important establishments and institutions
- Mar Baselious Medical Mission Hospital
- Taluk Head Quarter Hospital
- St.Joseph’s Hospital
- Nangelil Ayurveda Hospital
- NIMS Hospital, Nellikuzhi
- Asst. Educational Office
- Asst.Engineer water Authority
- Civil development Office
- Block development Office
- District Educational Office
- Excise Preventive Office
- Excise Circle Inspector Office
- IREP Project office
- Joint Director Of Technical Education office
- Joint RTO Office
- PWD Rest House
- Rubber Board Regional Office
- Sub treasury
- Taluk Supply Office
- BSNL Office
- Mar Athanasius college of Arts
- Mar Athanasius college of Enginnering
- Dental College Cheladu
- Mar Baselious Institute Of Science and Technology
- Mariyan Academy,Puthuppady
- Eldho Mar Baselious College of Arts
- Indireagandhi College of Arts
- Indiragandhi College of Engg.
- Nangelil Ayurveda College
- SBT, Kothamangalam
- SBI, Kothamangalam
- Canara bank, Kothamangalam
- Bank of Baroda, Kothamangalam
- Dhanalakshmi Bank, Kothamangalam
- Federal bank, Kothamangalam
- South Indian Bank, Kothamangalam
- Catholic Syrian Bank, Kothamangalam
- Union Bank of India, Kothamangalam
- ICICI Bank, Kothamangalam
- HDFC Bank, Kothamangalam
- Ernakulam District Co-Opearative bank, Kothamangalam
- SBT, Nellikuzhi
Major Hindu Temples
- Ayyankavu temple
- Thrikkariyoor Siva Temple
- Martahmariyam Valiyapally, Kothamangalam 2.Marthoma Cheriyapally, Kothamangalam 3.St.George Cathedral, Kothamangalam 4.St.Antony’s Church Inchoor, Kothamangalam 5.St.Mary’s Chrch Ayroorpadam, Kothamangalam 6.Marthoman Sehiyon Church Inchoor, Kothamangalam 7. St.Thomas Marthoma Church, Kothamangalam 8.Rev.Fr.Philipos Mar Theophilos Orthodox Church, Kothamangalam
- Juma Masjid Kothamangalam
- Salafi Masjid, Kothamangalam
- Juma Masjid Nellikkuzhy
Names of Colony
Transportation - Main Roads
The main roads in Kothamangalam PS limit are Aluva - Munnar road, (Kochi-Madhura) NH-49
Marthoma Cheriyapally Festival.
Projects through this police station
Janamythri Suraksha project
With the help and participation of public Janmythri project is being implementing successfully in Kothamangalam Police Station. Under the leadership of Community Relations Officer ,10 janamythri beats are functioning at Kothamangalam Police Station.
All the Janamythri suraksha project activities are controlled by Janamythri Samithy having prominent personalities of this locality as its members who were selected by Inspector of Police and approved by District Police Chief.
Women Help Desk
Women help desk is constituted with the aim of giving assistance in a friendly manner to the women who seek police services. Women help desk provides a huge relief to women who approach the police station for help.
Senior Citizen Help Desk
An elder friendly officer is giving aid to senior citizens in the station limit.
Clean Campus Safe Campus
The Clean Campus Safe Campus program by government of Kerala is effectively implementing in all most all schools functioning under this PS limits. The goal of ‘Clean Campus Safe Campus’ is to prevent consuming of injurious/psychotropic drug substances by students and the effective implementation of the program could achieve the goal to a great extent.
|Sub Inspector||Asst.Sub Inspector||Senior Civil Police Officer||Women Senior Civil Police Officer||Civil Police Officer||Women Civil Police Officer|